Dr. Susan Poleman
Dr. Poelman is a Canadian and U.S. board-certified Dermatologist specializing in medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatology. She completed her residency in dermatology at McGill University and the University of British Columbia and has been working in Calgary for the past 10 years in community practice with an appointment as a clinical assistant professor at the University of Calgary.
She has a Master's degree in Cancer Biology and a special interest in melanoma and other forms of skin cancer. She has been doing PDT since 2013 and is a certified PDT specialist with the European Society for PDT. She has recently joined a team of 4 other dermatologists at Beacon Dermatology in Calgary and is looking forward to growing this centre of excellence in PDT.
Saturday APR 9
The Science of Sensitive Skin: Identifying Patients and the 5 signs of Skin Sensitivity
This session is designed to discussion Sensitive Skin; the prevalence, the triggers and the way in which patients are identified. During this session we will also introduce the 5 signs of skin sensitivity and discuss how Cetaphil, the brand can help support patients with sensitive skin. Furthermore, we will dive into clinical data to support the science behind Cetaphil for sensitive skin.
Objective(s) of the session:
- How do we describe “Sensitive Skin”?
- Identifying Patients with Sensitive Skin: What are the 5 Signs of Skin Sensitivity?
- Cetaphil: Enhanced Formulas. New Look.
- Clinical data to support the use of Cetaphil for sensitive skin
Saturday APR 9
Treating Sun Damage With Sunlight: PDT
- Review PDT protocols for the treatment of actinic keratosis,
- Discuss the ideal patient for daylight PDT treatment,
- Review practical treatment considerations with daylight PDT