Dr. Monica Li
Dr. Monica Li is a double board-certified medical and cosmetic dermatologist, and a Clinical Instructor in the Department of Dermatology & Skin Science at the University of British Columbia.
She practices in Vancouver and Surrey, B.C. Dr. Li is fellowship trained in laser and cosmetic dermatology and has a practice focus and research interest in ethnic skin, acne and laser medicine.
She is an active committee member of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery and American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. Dr. Li has published numerous peer-reviewed scientific publications and is a regular voice to local and national media.
Friday APR 8
Skin Barrier Differences in Various Racial/Ethnic Canadian Populations - A Consensus
The Canadian population is diverse with a growing multicultural population. Currently, there are persistent disparities in the care and treatment of skin conditions across different ethnic groups. We will present the first consensus statements on skin barrier differences in various racial/ethnic Canadian populations from the country’s leading ethnodermatology experts. Furthermore, this symposium will review and discuss the benefits of ceramide-containing skin care in diverse populations. Finally, there will be a discussion on next steps and future directions to consider in order to champion and improve equitable dermatological for care for all.
- Present 5 statements of the consensus from Canada’s leading ethnodermatology experts addressing skin barrier differences in various racial/ethnic Canadian populations
- Discuss the relevance of skincare containing ceramides (cleansers and moisturizers) in various racial/ethnic Canadian populations
- Explore next steps and future directions to champion equitable dermatological care for all
Saturday APR 9
Skin Health and Oat Therapy
- Identify the components and the multifaceted benefits of colloidal oatmeal and its effect on the moisture barrier
- Recognize the clinical research highlighting the benefits of colloidal oatmeal in various skin conditions